NANT Y GLO
Drawn by H. Gastineau. | Engraved by S. Lacey.
Jone & Co. Temple of the Muses, Finsbury Square, London.
Steel engraving by Samuel Lacey (1786-1859) from a drawing by Henry Gastineau (1791-1876) published in South Wales Illustrated in a series of views... Jones & Co. London 1835.
Nantyglo, from the Welsh Nant-y-glo meaning brook of coal, is a village situated deep within the South Wales Valleys within Blaenau, Gwent. At the time of this engraving the Nantyglo Iron works was one of the most important iron producing centres in the world employing 3000 men and 500 women and children in 1844. The works closed in 1874.
SPECIAL OFFER MOUNT AVAILABLE AT CHECKOUT ON THIS ITEM FOR UK CUSTOMERS