Drawn by H. Gastineau. | Engraved by T. Barber.
Jone & Co. Temple of the Muses, Finsbury Square, London.
Steel engraving by T. Barber from a drawing by Henry Gastineau (1791-1876) published in South Wales Illustrated in a series of views... Jones & Co. London 1835.
Designed by Thomas Telford for the Ellesmere Canal, now Llangollen canal across the Ceiriog valley. Commenced in 1796 and completed in 1801. Built of yellow sandstione, the aqueduct has ten arches, each with a span of 12M. The water level is 21M. above the river Ceriog and was briefly the tallest navigable aqueduct ever built.
SPECIAL OFFER MOUNT AVAILABLE AT CHECKOUT ON THIS ITEM FOR UK CUSTOMERS